Stroller shopping can be a bit overwhelming because the market is saturated with strollers all claiming to be the best. I recommend looking at consumer reports, read blogs, and reviews. I find blog reviews like mine are more detailed with pertinent information. I think a solid review is from someone who really used the item for an extended period of time.
After conducting my own stroller research I purchased the Britax Affinity stroller.
About the Stroller
The Affinity stroller is Britax’s high end model that is premium quality. I used the stroller for over a year for my daughter, therefore, my review is based on a whole year of using the stroller.
It weighs 25 pounds. And has a maximum weight of 55 lbs. It is intended for use from 6 months and up. Before six months you can use your Britax Car Seat on the wheel base.
The Affinity stroller comes in the following colors (click for links):
Below I have outlined the Pros and Cons of the Britax Affinity Stroller:
- It has large, air filled wheels that make the ride smooth for baby and easy to push for Mommy and Daddy.
- The seat of the stroller is very cushiony, making it very cozy for the child to sit.
- The seat comes off easily to wash.
- It easily adapts to your Britax Car Seat, so you can use the wheel base with your baby carrier when the baby is very small. Once you are ready for the regular seat, it easily snaps into place.
- The baby can face you or look out to the world by easily lifting the seat, turning it and snapping it in place.
- It has a storage basket below. I often use mine for my Maltese, Pearl, when going on long walks (she gets tired after 20 feet).
- The handle to the stroller is cushiony for your hands.
- It has a bar across the seat so you can attach toys for the child to play with.
- It easily adjusts from laying down to sitting up.
- The folding mechanism is very simple. I open and close it with one hand on many occasions.
- You can get the stroller cheaper now because its been out for a while. I paid $399 for mine. Currently, the prices vary depending on the color on Amazon.com but most are around $229.
- It is very heavy to lift in and out of the car. It comes in at 25 pounds. (You may want to check out the Britax 2016 B-Agile Stroller which is their lightweight model at 18 pounds)
- It is huge. It takes up most of the trunk in my Kia Optima.
- It carries a high price tag when compared to other brands that come in a system and include the baby car seat.
- I wish the canopy was longer because if the sun is low it can peer into the baby’s face.
Overall, I really like this stroller and would buy it again. For me, its worth lugging the stroller in and out of the car because the actual ride of the stroller is so smooth and easy for the baby and me. Plus, I always get compliments on how comfy and high end it looks- and I’m a sucker for compliments.
Did you buy this stroller? What are your thoughts?